The Manhattan skyline is seen behind weeds and flowers on Roosevelt Island in New York June 4, 2013. World Environment Day is celebrated annually on June 5 to raise global awareness about environmental issues and stimulate political action, according to the United Nations Environment Programme. REUTERS/Zoran Milich (UNITED STATES – Tags: ENVIRONMENT CITYSCAPE TPX IMAGES OF THE DAY) – RTX10BPN
Last Update: Jun. 30, 2017
Aggregate Estimates and Revisions
- First quarter earnings are expected to increase 15.3% from Q1 2016. Excluding the Energy sector, the earnings growth estimate declines to 11.0%
- Of the 500 companies in the S&P 500 that have reported earnings to date for Q1 2017, 75.6% have reported earnings above analyst expectations. This is above the long-term average of 64% and above the average over the past four quarters of 71%.
- 63.1% of companies have reported Q1 2017 revenue above analyst expectations. This is above the long-term average of 59% and above the average over the past four quarters of 53%.
- For Q2 2017, there have been 80 negative EPS preannouncements issued by S&P 500 corporations compared to 43 positive EPS preannouncements. By dividing 80 by 43, one arrives at an N/P ratio of 1.9 for the S&P 500 Index.
- The forward four-quarter (2Q17 – 1Q18) P/E ratio for the S&P 500 is 18.0.
- During the week of Jul. 3, no S&P 500 companies are expected to report quarterly earnings
To download the full This Week in Earnings report click here.
Please note: if you use our earnings data, please source I/B/E/S data
Republication or redistribution of Reuters content, including by framing or similar means, is prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters and the Reuters logo are registered trademarks, and trademarks of the Thomson Reuters group of companies. For additional information on Reuters photographic services, please visit the web site at http://pictures.reuters.com
Sign up for weekly updates on fund markets and investment opportunities here.