In this issue of Refinitiv Lipper’s U.S. Mutual Funds & Exchange-Traded Products Snapshot, we feature a summary of total net assets (TNA), estimated net flows, new fund creations, and fund liquidations for conventional funds and exchange-traded products (ETPs) for Q3 2022.
We compare the changes to those of prior quarters and highlight the largest individual gainers and losers of both groups. The Snapshot provides readers with a powerful, easy-to-use guide, and quick reference tool to help them discern fund trends during the quarter.
- For Q3 2022, the average equity and fixed income fund suffered a 5.89% and 2.42% loss, respectively.
- TNA in the conventional funds business declined 4.92%, dropping by $1.120 trillion from Q2 2022 to slightly more than $21.656 trillion for Q3 2022.
- The money market funds macro-group witnessed the largest absolute and relative increase in TNA under management, jumping $7.8 billion (+0.18%) for the quarter to $4.299 trillion, followed by alternative funds, which rose $340 million, or 0.18%, from Q2 to $194.7 billion for Q3.
- Developed international markets funds witnessed the largest absolute decline in TNA, plummeting $220.9 billion (-9.90%) to $2.010 trillion at quarter end.
- TNA in U.S. ETPs decreased 4.35% from $6.185 trillion for Q2 2022 to slightly more than $5.916 trillion for Q3 2022, a decline of more than $269.3 billion.
- For Q3, the short-/intermediate-term bond ETPs macro-group witnessed the largest absolute (+$6.4 billion) increase in TNA (+1.01%) from the prior quarter end, climbing from $634.1 billion for Q2 to $640.5 billion for Q3.
- The developed international markets ETPs macro-group experienced the largest absolute decline in TNA (-$61.4 billion, or -9.08%) for Q3.
- For Q3, actively managed funds—excluding money market funds—handed back some $181.0 billion net while their passively managed counterparts attracted a net $89.6 billion.
Click here or on the Download Full Report link in the upper right-hand column of this page to download the entire FundIndustry Insight Report: Lipper U.S. Mutual Funds & ETPs Q3 2022 Snapshot.
Refinitiv Lipper delivers data on more than 330,000 collective investments in 113 countries. Find out more.