Click here to view the dashboard in detail.
S&P 500 Aggregate Estimates and Revisions
- Fourth quarter earnings are expected to increase 6.1% from Q3 2015. Excluding the energy sector, the earnings growth estimate improves to 6.2%.
- Of the 19 companies in the S&P 500 that have reported earnings to date for Q4 2016, 63% have reported earnings above analyst expectations.
- The Q4 2016 blended revenue growth estimate is 4.6%. Excluding the energy sector, the revenue growth estimate increases to 4.4%.
- 32% of companies have reported Q4 2016 revenue above analyst expectations.
- For Q4 2016, there have been 81 negative EPS preannouncements issued by S&P 500 corporations compared to 40 positive EPS preannouncements. By dividing 81 by 40, one arrives at an N/P ratio of 2.0 for the S&P 500 Index.
- The forward four-quarter (4Q16 – 3Q17) P/E ratio for the S&P 500 is 17.6.
Please note: if you use our earnings data, please source I/B/E/S
S&P 500 Earnings Dashboard report provides the aggregate earnings performance relative to estimates and growth rates. Access the full S&P 500 Earnings Scorecard report archives here.
Eikon is a complete solution for research and analytics. It places the most comprehensive market information, news, analytics and trading tools available into a desktop as simple to use as the Internet. Our Eikon clients can run fundamental and technical screens against a global dataset representing more than 100 countries and over 200,000 securities.