In this issue of LSEG Lipper’s U.S. Mutual Funds & Exchange-Traded Products Snapshot, we feature a summary of total net assets (TNA), estimated net flows, new fund creations, and fund liquidations for conventional funds and exchange-traded products (ETPs) for Q2 2023 and the one-year period.
We compare the changes to those of prior quarters and highlight the largest individual gainers and losers of both groups. The Snapshot provides readers with a powerful, easy-to-use guide, and quick reference tool to help them discern fund trends during the quarter.
- For Q2 2023, the average equity and taxable fixed income fund (including ETPs) posted a 4.36% and 0.23% return, respectively.
- TNA in the conventional funds business rose 3.26%, climbing $786 billion from Q1 2023 to slightly less than $24.873 trillion for Q2 2023.
- The money markets funds macro-group witnessed the largest absolute increase in TNA under management, jumping $211.9 billion (+4.24%) for the quarter to $5.206 trillion. Meanwhile, large-cap funds experienced the largest relative increase, rising 6.89% (+$169.4 billion) to $2.628 trillion.
- The commodities funds macro-group experienced the largest relative decline in TNA (-8.00% or -$2.5 billion) of the macro-groups, with assets under management falling to $29.1 billion on June 30, 2023.
- TNA in U.S. ETPs increased 6.02% from $6.918 trillion for Q1 2023 to slightly less than $7.334 trillion for Q2 2023, an increase of more than $416 billion.
- For Q2, the U.S. diversified equity ETPs macro-group witnessed the largest absolute increase (+$148.9 billion) in TNA (+10.93%) from the prior quarter end, climbing from $1.467 trillion for Q1 to $1.616 trillion for Q2.
- For Q2, actively managed funds—excluding money market funds—handed back some $102.3 billion net, while their passively managed counterparts attracted a net $116.5 billion in estimated net flows.
Click here or on the Download Full Report link in the upper right-hand column of this page to download the entire FundIndustry Insight Report: LSEG Lipper U.S. Mutual Funds & ETPs Q2 2023 Snapshot.
LSEG Lipper delivers data on more than 330,000 collective investments in 113 countries. Find out more.